How To Pick The Very Best Cigar Humidors? Reason #983

Cevapla
FrankJScott
Mesajlar: 92
Kayıt: Pzt Kas 30, 2020 7:25 pm

How To Pick The Very Best Cigar Humidors? Reason #983

Mesaj gönderen FrankJScott »

6 Cigar Humidification Methods

Now that you have a solid understanding of what a hygrometer does and what can occur if your humidity is too high or too low, let's discuss how to actually control the humidity in your humidor. Regrettably, you can not just use a damp paper towel in a ziplock bag...

1. The Hockey Puck Humidification Method
The unofficial hockey puck system was my first way to control the humidity in my humidor and boy, was it stressful. This is actually the"puck" that is included with humidors the majority of the time and requires one to boil it in propylene glycol. I found it for a bit of a guessing game since you have to be sure that your"puck" doesn't run out of juice. It was mainly stressful since I used the free version in my humidor so results may vary. However, once I upgraded to a Xikar puck, it was smooth sailing. I just had to re-soak every 30-45 days and found it to be much more consistent. Soaking a humidor puck is quite simple. It takes approximately 30 seconds and you simply purchase the propylene glycol separately. This remedy is odorless and just replaces water as a more pure form of moisture. Using tap water can cause problems because of chlorine or other substances, and bottled water will not stay moist provided that propylene glycol.

2. The Tubes or Mini Jars Cigar Humidification Method
Xikar and Drymistat make quite simple to use products that you can just open and pop it into a humidor such as this
air purifier for smoke. These have a much more controlled method of handling humidity than the puck method. The only bad thing is you need to replace these entirely most of the time every 3-6 months completely. I don't advise attempting to"re-soak" them with the propylene glycol. The attractiveness of these, especially the tubes is they don't occupy much room in your humidor. However, depending on the size, the jar format may work better:

3. The Boveda Packs Cigar Humidification Method
Like the jar or tubes out of Xikar and Drymistat, it is possible to go with a very controlled system of Boveda humidity packs. These are my favorite cigar humidification strategy and ones that I utilize for my tupperdor today. But they can err a little on the large side concerning humidity should you use them at a tupperdor. I'd like to go a few percentages lower than your preferred humidity for a result if you've got a tupperdor. (These packs are available in all different humidity levels.) They do a great job of absorbing humidity whether it is too high and growing if it's too low. Once your pack is stiff, then you just throw it away. That being said, many claim to be able to recharge these very easily simply by soaking them for a few days after they get stiff. Even though this might be a great way to spend less, the recharged packs certainly won't be as precise as an original. To find out more about how to recharge, check out this YouTube tutorial. For me personally, I really don't recharge since I'm going to spend hundreds of dollars on cigars, I don't want to cut any corners to save a few dollars on Boveda packs.

4. The Heartfelt Beads Humidification Method
Heartfelt beads are a frequent humidity method which many advocate across java forums. This company revolves around these beads and they have a great deal of diehard followers to their merchandise. These are popular with larger humidors or even wineadors. These are most likely one of the costlier options but last forever. They do need spraying of distilled water following week or two though so you have to stick to a schedule. This method is somewhat more geared towards the more advanced cigar collectors. Normally, cigar collectors will have a pouch of these a layer at the bottom of their wineador.

5. The Electric Cigar Humidification Method
There's nothing better than the set it and overlook an electric humidifier, particularly if you have a big or precious set. All these are a bit expensive compared to the other choices such as
arc 14s but there is the advantage of very little maintenance. The components also work great if plugged in -- so you will be required to conduct a flat cable into the exterior of your humidor. However a few of those units have a few really cool features like wi-fi capacities and can humidify up to 1,000 cigars! (That could be a lot of Boveda packs...) You do have to replace the cartridge every 6 -- 12 months but it's relatively inexpensive.

6. The Kitty Litter Cigar Humidification Method
To get a bigger wineador installation, many advocate kitty litter as a viable option to control humidity. I've never done this but many swear by it. This is a very similar technique to this Heartfelt beads strategy outlined previously. The crucial thing is to get a kitty litter without a odor and spray distilled water every two to three weeks as required. I have seen very positive testimonials out of Exquisicat Crystals with very low fructose nor odor.
Cevapla